All information must be created and processed by application software and thus ultimately most projects that involve improvements to business performance invariably involve a degree of application development and customisation.
The days on monolithic application development projects in which the entire application is developed from scratch using one or more programming languages are pretty much over. Modern system development activities are increasingly leveraging an organisation’s IT infrastructure which may comprise application platform suites (such as SAP), integration middleware (such as automated workflow engines, Service Oriented messaging buses, rules engines and security directories), data management platforms (such as RDBMS and Content Management suites) with data being stored in networked storage devices; all of which are monitored in an integrated fashion using standards-based tools. The use of Enterprise Service Platforms and Web Services in particular is changing the way that business applications are being architected. We are particularly interested in the relationship of geospatial technologies to mainstream IT capabilities and like to think that we provide a rather unique insight into optimal software architectures that bring these two worlds together.
Our developers are familiar with a wide range of IT infrastructure technologies, software design patterns, notations and tools, as well as the Application Programming Interfaces of the major GIS packages.
We provide a number of application development and administration services including:
- Lead development teams in the design, implementation and quality assurance of application programming projects.
- Perform bespoke developments of programs, scripts, rules, queries, reports and application configurations to tailor geospatial solutions to customer needs.
- Undertake spatial data migration and transformation to create custom data exports
- Support application migrations through vendor driven upgrades, including revisions to application customisations and database schema updates.
- Support the administration of spatial databases and applications, including performance tuning, security measures and user management.